Friday, March 6, 2009

The UNEXPECTED

I am so tired, but I can't sleep, so I decided to quickly blog about the past couple days. 

First, on Thursday morning I got a phone call about 5am. (I just want to say that any phone call that early in the morning is never good.) It was my dad. He said he was taking my mom to the hospital because she was having chest pains. This had been going on for a few days off and on, but she thought that it was just heartburn from something she had eaten. My Mom never goes to the doctor, so I knew she had to be feeling really bad to wake my Dad to take her. Of course the next thing running through my mind was the seriousness of the situation. The heart is not a part of your body that you mess with! I have seen so many people have so many problems because of their hearts not working right. I did not want to see my Mom go through that.

They ran several tests and after almost 12 hours we finally found out the problem! My Mom had Gall Stones and had to have her Gall Bladder removed. We were very relieved that it was not her heart but my goodness, do you think they could have been any slower? It was a very stressful day for everyone!

That brings us to today, she was taken in to pre-op at about 9:30 this morning, to have it removed,  and everything was not finished and her back in her room until 2:00 this afternoon! All I can say is the sitting and waiting and wondering is almost more than I can stand. However in the end she came through with flying colors. The doctor did say that it was really bad and the stones were quite large, so no wonder she was feeling the way she did! By this evening she looked better and you could tell she was feeling better too.

When things like this happen and you get those "unexpected" calls it can really make you stop and think about things and how much you love and appreciate the people who are around you. I have decided to make it one of my new goals to let people I care about know that. I want them to know how much I appreciate them. Because even though this unexpected event worked out for the better, the next one may not be that way. 

I am just very blessed that my Mom is ok and hopefully will be back on her feet in time for our annual mother- daughter spring break trip! 

 I love you MoM!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

sooo glad she's gonna be ok! I know that was scary