Friday, April 10, 2009

Not so Good Friday

Today started off like a great day! I got to sleep in because we were out of school today for good friday. My mom and I decided to go to Franklin this morning to look for the last minute touches for easter. We heard thunderstorm warnings while we were in the mall. We decided to leave and head home. We still were not worried. As we were going down 840 we starting getting calls about a tornado touching down in the boro not far from where we were. We still was  not that worried. Then we are listening to the radio and they start naming road names close to my home and the as we were listening it was heading towards my mom's house. Now we were staring to get worried! We were going 90 down 840! Trying to make calls and loosing phone service the closer we got.  Luckily my house was ok. Across the street from me was not so lucky. Then we begin heading to my mom's as we were hearing that her neighborhood was leveled! As we cross over the interstate close to her house we could not believe what we saw. A path that looked like a bomb had went off! We both began to cry. We were so scared! We did not know what to expect when we got to her house. Luckily her home was still standing. Only minor damage. 

I can't put into words what it looked like. I can't explain the faces of the families that lost everything. We took our tractor throughout the neighborhood to try to help anyone we could. Most were still in such shock that they did not know what they need yet. Were were able to move a few trees and give a few people rides to their homes. We did what we could. I still don't feel like it was enough. 

I have never felt so blessed in all my life! I can never say again that I have bad luck. God has taken care of us. I can not thank God enough today for his mercy on us.
 Thank you! Thank you! Thank you God!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

soooo scary! our old stompin ground too! HE has quite a way of putting things in perspective...maybe when we need it the most.