Monday, April 20, 2009

No pain No gain

Today was a big step in the whole IVF journey. I am on cycle day 17 and I began my shots this morning. I was not as good as I had planned it out in my head. I woke up. I began to get ready for work. I prepared my medication and I woke Michael up to give it to me. ( Just a small note, for those who don't know, I am beyond terrified of needles!) I was pumped and even a little excited, but when it actually came time to have the shot injected, I went down hill fast! I started my usual freak out, but not to bad. Then I laid on the couch and Michael began to count 1, 2. I quickly told him not to count and just get it over with. He did and it was not good at all! The medication actually stung going in. I cried all the way to work. Partly because it hurt and partly because I was so mad at myself for not being stronger. Michael was wonderful though. He was hugging me and telling me how great I did. He later confessed that it was the hardest thing he has ever had to do. He hates the fact that he has to hurt me. I told him to get ready because there are many more days to go! I can only hope as the days go by and I keep doing this over and over it has to get easier. 

Well thats my drama for today! Please pray for us and I will update tomorrow!

No comments: