Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's a BOY!

On Saturday we finally got an answer to the big question I have had for the last 15 weeks. The official answer. Boy. I have to admit I was not to happy with that answer in the beginning. 
See from the beginning I tried to stay open minded about everything, however as time went on and with lots of help, I slowly convinced myself this is was a girl. No other option. It was a girl. So, I had everything ready. I had her room all ready to decorate with paint samples and fabric swatches that I carried with me everywhere. I had the perfect name picked out and even referred to it as I talked about the baby. I know now how premature all this was, but at the time my mind and my heart did not care. 
Then came Saturday. I was officially 15 week finally and it was time. I had found a place in Franklin that would do an ultrasound at 15 weeks to determine the sex and that is what I did. I could not wait any longer. I had to confirm what I thought I already knew. So we made a day of it. Did some shopping. Had a great lunch. Gabe was with us because we really wanted him to be a part of it all. 
Finally 2:30 came and here we go. The place was great. I was able to have Michael, Gabe, my mom and my dad there with me for the big moment. The lady was very nice and began the ultrasound which projected on a big wall for all to see easily. She put the gel on my belly and I started to get nervous. All of the sudden doubt began to creep in my mind. She moved around for a minute or so and then she made a comment that I have been playing over and over in my mind a million times. She said "he looks great." I looked at her with a crazy look and she said. "It's a boy." I could not believe it! I started to cry. Gabe was very excited! But I think everyone else was as stunned as me.  That was not the plan. It was a girl to me. That was all I wanted was a girl and now my idea of this perfect little girl with all the plans that I had made for her instantly went up in smoke. 
The lady finished the ultrasound and said the baby was very healthy and looked great. That was good to hear, but I had not yet really processed the news she had just given me. To be honest it really took me until the next day to really wrap my brain around it all. 
Now I am ok. I am warming up to him and most of all glad that he is doing great. I have already began making the big plans for him.
His name is going to be Jacob Alex. His room is going to be done in a safari theme. I have already started working on paint samples and fabric for his bedding. I really think it's going to be cute. 
Although this may not have been my plan, I am so thankful. I am finally pregnant with a healthy baby. This is what I have always dreamed about and I know he is going to be perfect. Also, I know there is always next time. Until then I am going to take in every second of my baby boy.



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I had a sneaking suspicion you were hoping for a girl ;) You will be a fabulous mom to this little guy...he's lucky to have you and you him. So glad you're getting to experience becoming a mom and that he's healthy